User Guide for JM Editorial System
Part 9: System Admin
When you log in to the system, you will find the menu on the left side panel where you can manage all the configurations you need for setting up your journal. The panel has four main categories each consisting of multiple sections which will be explained in detail in this manual.
The journal setting panel contains all the details for the journal. Our menus intuitive interface is easy and flexible for anyone to adopt. In this first section, you will find the basic options to configure the main options for your journal. You can navigate through the multiple sections of the journal setting tab as you can see below in the image.
Here below you have examples of additional settings that can be used to configure more advanced settings for your journal. Different settings will be explained in the following.
In this section, you can configure settings for the editor role in the system. Among other settings, you can:
- Set the number of days needed for making the final decision on a manuscript and send it back to the Editor-in-chief with his/her comments
- Deciding whether to send the letter of completion after how many reviewers have done their job
- Configuring the editor’s role in suggesting reviewers:
- The editor only can send some suggestion to the Editor-in-chief and can not make any decision themselves.
- In the second option, Editor-in-chief can give some more permission to the editor in order to send manuscripts to reviewers and finalize the review process.
In this section, you can configure settings related to the reviewer role in the system. Among other features you can select the review process between the main two options below:
- Single Blind: only the author’s information is accessible for reviewers and in any case reviewer’s information remains anonymous.
- Double Blind: both reviewer and author’s information remain anonymous and nobody knows who is the author and who is the reviewer)
The system admin can further set the review due date in such a way that when a reviewer accepts to review the manuscript, the due date will be extended. Moreover, the default review due date can be assigned according to the type of revision (i.e. New Manuscript, Major Revision, Minor Revision).
In this section, you can configure settings related to the author role in the system. Among other features:
- You can select the number of suggested reviewers the author should introduce to submit the manuscript
- The number of days for which the author should revise their manuscript
- Whether they have permission to change the co-authors on the revision step
- Enabling them to choose the suggested subject related to their manuscript
File Upload Settings (for Authors):
Here you can configure settings related to the submission of the manuscript file and other supplementary files. You can choose what file types are acceptable for the manuscript main file, and also configure the upload status (i.e. optional, mandatory or disabled) of different files.
Automatic Follow-up for Editors and Reviewers:
Here you can customize how editors and reviewers receive their follow up letters as well as the number of days that are due.